Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Marvelous Monday



Our last child of the day, Gabrielle, read a favorite book of mine: Butterwings. She chose this book because she likes how it teaches you a lesson about not teasing others, but the reason it's a favorite of mine is because the book originally belonged to my youngest daughter. She read it over and over (and I read it over and over!) and she even wrote her own version of the story which I still have. A nice way to end the year. Listen later to her read tonight on the website.

We have a visit from Miss Iverson (a student teacher who recently left a first grade classroom). She spent two months in Kenya teaching preschool and kindergarten and she came in to share some pictures and about life in Kenya. Thank you, Miss Iverson!

We also went to Mrs. Stancl's room to hear them read poems. I hope you enjoyed the poems that your children wrote.

We also taped the remaining three readers' theater performances: Where's Willie, The Web Files and The Crocodiles Toothbrush. I'll get those up as soon as I can; keep an eye on the blog.

Mrs. Taylor also sent me some pictures from Friday. I'm downloading them now and will get them up as soon as I can.

Tomorrow we have school from 8-9. Report cards as well as summer reading, writing, and math packets will be distributed. Have a GREAT night!

No comments: