Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Thrills

We had an exciting day and of all days...I didn't have my camera! Mallory's cousin Lauren came in as a mystery reader! Mallory was so excited. She read Pinkalicious and it was a GREAT book. Mallory's parents were here as well, and she was our Child of the Day so Mallory got to read in front of her cousin and parents!!! She did such a great job that we were all mesmerized by her reading! Not only did I not have my camera, I didn't have my video camera either! Fortunately, Mallory's Dad took pictures so I hope to post some soon.

In reading we worked some more on visualizing. We drew our mental images as I read Harold at the North Pole. (Harold and the Purple Crayon) During writing, after working some more on how to break words into syllables for correct spelling, we read Moo Who? by Margie Palatini. We read as writers to see how she ended her story so that we could stand on her shoulders as we work on leads and endings in our stories.

In the afternoon we had art and ELL enrichment.

PLUS.....it was Joshua's birthday and we celebrated his special day with doughnuts.

AND...Klara has a new story up on the WIKI: At the Pool. Click on the link to the right for the wiki or student writing and take a look. Enjoy!

Have a GREAT night and don't forget to READ...READ....READ!!!

No comments: