Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday Wonders!

Today students continued to work on building stamina as readers. We practiced reading quietly and then picking out new books quickly and quietly. In writing we drew pictures of our "treasures" as we learned writers write about what is near and dear to them. Students then used their pictures to write about their treasures.

During math workshop, some students worked on sorting and counting. Other students worked on problem solving by making a table and began learning about arrays.

Yesterday students were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up. They learned more about Illinois State University and saw pictures of the campus. Next time you are in the building take a look at the bulletin board. Find your child's picture, learn what they said they wanted to study and see the building or hall where their major is housed.

2 comments:

Simi Mittal said...

Hi Mrs.Stringham,
I remember you teaching me and the class about stamina and what it means.
Neha and I miss you very much.

Love, Simi

P.S. Happy 25th Anniversary from all of us.

Mrs. Stringham said...

Hi Simi and Neha! I miss you guys! We're working on stamina in reading, writing and math. We do better each day!

I miss my morning visitors before school. I loved how you all stopped in and shared your reading with me. Tell me what you are reading now!