Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Week at School

Even though it was a short week...it was a busy one!

We learned more about picking just right books. We learned a new strategy called I PICK:
I=I choose a book.
Pick: what is my purpose?
Intrest: what are my interests in reading a book?
Comprehend: I understand what I am reading. I can retell what I read...I can remember what I read.
Know: I know most of the words--the 5 finger rule.

We learned more about different genre's as we continued to build stamina. In writers workshop we focused on where writers get ideas.

During math workshop we practiced math facts as we learned about different activities we will be able to do when our REAL math workshop begins.

Thursday was a Switch Day and we went to our specials. During our integration time with the ELL classrooms we learned more about laws and rules.

I hope everyone was able to get onto XtraMath.org. Let me know if you have problems. It was GREAT seeing so many faces at Open House this week. I'm looking forward to a GREAT....GREAT....GREAT Year!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free slideshow

3 comments:

Michelle Vanis said...

I love your captions and so nice to see what's going on in the classroom!

Mrs. Stringham said...

Thank you! We work hard and love to share about our day!

Mrs. Stringham's Community of Learners

Chris Dullum said...

Thank you for posting. It is wonderful to get a glimpse of their week!