Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012




Alyssa, Owen and Jacob did a great job reading to the class this week.  Thanks!  We love to hear GREAT readers!!!!

Tomorrow is our trip to the planetarium.  This is a FREE field trip and is part of the U-46 Curriculum.  Dr. Hernandez does a FANTASTIC job as the director.  If you have a chance to visit the planetarium...go!  Check out the U-46 website for more details and opportunities to visit.

I will not be at school tomorrow, unfortunately.  My daughter is returning to college and I want to spend time with her before she leaves.  I am MOM tomorrow...my favorite role!!!!  I know the substitute will do a great job...everything is already laid out.  The class will be going to the planetarium with Mrs. Tornero's class.  I also spoke to Dr. Hernandez this afternoon who will have a message from me to the class.  I can't wait to hear about all they learn!!

It's been a busy week with Tuesday being a switch day and the kids haven't stopped learning for a minute!  They are doing a wonderful job!  We began learning about inferring at the word level.  This strategy will help understand difficult words through context clues.  We also are finishing up our math unit on geometry.

Have a GREAT weekend...keep the boots handy!

No comments: