Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tales of Tuesday

Jason read Super Pig Adventures to the class today. Thanks, Jason...we enjoyed it!


In case you haven't heard yet....I made a BIG mistake. Everywhere I have it down that Nature Dan will be here next Tuesday for Life in a TeePee. But for some reason, when I did my plans for this week, I kept thinking he would be here today! Well....to make the long story short...it IS next Tuesday!!!! I don't know what I was thinking...too much going on I guess. But as I told the kids...now we have it to look forward to again! And since we had one student out sick today, let's hope everyone is here next week. And it IS next Tuesday afternoon!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

We learned in reading how to keep track of our connections on sticky notes and then record them as tracks of our thinking in our response logs. In writing we worked more on telling more by adding details that show...not tell. Take a look at a story Hayden wrote. It's on the WIKI...just click on the wiki link or the student writing link. Once you get to the WIKI it is under STUDENT WRITING. It is called I Like Trains.

We also learned our new vocabulary words. So while you on the WIKI, take a look at those as well.

1st graders worked on odd and even numbers today in math. 2nd graders worked on place value. As a whole class we worked on data analysis, problem solving and measurement. Here are a few pictures of students working today on their math goals. Some are working on money, some on time, some on number sense and more.










Have a GREAT night and day off and don't forget to READ...READ....READ....READ!!!

No comments: