Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Fabulous Friday

Nicole read a few pages from the book Poppy by Avi. I'll have the video up this weekend, but when you listen to her....you might hear a slight lisp. She lost a tooth this morning!!!! Look at that beautiful smile now. She did a great job and I chose the book this time because of what a wonderful job she did (along with Grier, Meghan, and Nicholas) in her literature discussion book club as they discussed the book together. I wish I had my video camera that day to film the deep conversations they were having.

I probably won't have Nicole's video up until the weekend, so keep checking. To access reading videos, click on the link to the right: Community of Learners Classroom Website. This will take you to the home page on the website. Then click on Child of the Day 2. There you will find Meghan, Kyle, Natalie, Blake, Alisha and Neel when they read their books. Click on their name and the video will appear.

Those students who have videos under Child of the Day, I'm either going to redo them or delete when we get a new recording of them reading. There was a problem uploading and downloading to the website and some now don't have sound. I do them at home now and everything works easier and cleaner, so in my spare time :) I'll try and get those corrected.

More student work available: Once again if you go to the classroom website and then click on student writing, you will see two new stories posted: Sofia and Alyssa. Just click on student writing and then their name. Enjoy!!!

We'll have more next week to post as Gabrielle, Nicole, and Aayush turned in finished stories to me today. Once I download their pictures to photo story, they can read them and then I'll publish them to the website.

There is also a video up on our website under classroom pictures of our Valentine's Day party. Enjoy!!!!

No comments: