Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tuesday AND Wednesday happenings!



Gabrielle was our child of the day yesterday and read the book The Ugly Duckling. "I chose this book because it teaches you a lesson. You should be nice to everyone!" She really enjoyed this traditional tale and did a great job reading it. Look for her video on the website later tonight.



Aayush was our child of the day today and read the book The Whistle Tooth. "I chose this book because it reminded me of when I lost my tooth and tried to whistle." He did a great job, too! Look for his video later tonight also.

In reading we went back into the book, Grandfather Twilight, and tried to answer some of our questions. Many of them we had to infer. What a GREAT discussion we had! Once again...WHY didn't I have my video camera on?!?!

In word work we found out that if a word has the /k/ sound and if the second letter is e, i or y, the letter k has to be used. We knew this because last week we found out the c makes the /s/ sound when it's followed by e, i, or y, so the letter k has to be used at the beginning of those words. (kind, Kyle, keep) We also learned that if the word makes the /kw/ sound, it's spelled with qu. Another "rule" we discovered was ck is only at the end of the word...not the beginning.

We reviewed sentence fluency in writing. What great stories! In fact, one was so good, I had to send the author and his story to the principal!!!! Ryan read his story to Mr. Burger and he is now illustrating it. I can't wait to get it up on the website.

Juniors spent math working on fact families and using their new fact triangles. Seniors worked on complements of ten. We will be reviewing this again tomorrow.

Have a GREAT night!

No comments: