Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Musings!



Grier was our child of the day and she read the book Amelia Bedelia Family Album. She chose the book because it is so funny! Thanks to Alexis for taking such a GREAT picture! Listen to Grier read tonight when I load her video to the website. Unfortunately, we will only hear part of the story, but she did a GREAT job!

There was a change in plans for the book fair this morning, after the newsletter was printed. The book fair will be next week. We will preview the books on Tuesday then make our purchases on Thursday. A note went home today regarding the new dates for the book fair. Be sure and check your childs Liberty Folder.

We began our study of synthesis as a reading comprehension strategy. We reviewed summarizing, but then as I read the book Smoky Night by Eve Bunting, I modeled my thinking in a think aloud. When I finished, I asked them what they noticed: my thinking was changing as I read and I was using all my strategies.

We will keep working on this as a verbal share, then we will begin to write our thinking down as we read in preparation for writing reading extended responses later in the month.

Students continue to take notes on their weather topics. In math, juniors worked on place value and seniors began a money unit.

Have a great evening!

No comments: