Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tales of Wednesday!


Bela did a WONDERFUL job reading The Little Snowman today to our class! Great fluency! I hope we aren't building snowman soon!

I writing we continued to work on Slice of Life stories. I read the book Puddles by Jonathon London. I showed them a story I wrote that was really just of list of things that I did for a day. Then, standing on the shoulders of Jonathon London, I wrote another story where I focused on one small tiny moment and added details to make it big. We will work more on that tomorrow.

In reading, we began our work on the comprehension strategy of visualizing. We've already a few books about the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving and even watched a short video last Friday. Today I read another book about the first Thankgsiving, and we each drew pictures of what we saw. We will be creating a gallery of pictures that will eventually show why the Pilgrims came to America, the voyage, the first winter, and the first harvest celebration.

We also began working on our readers' theater: The ABC's of Thankgsiving.

In math we had a readers' theater performance about Fact Families!


Grier, Simi, Natalie and Alisha explained how numbers come together and are pulled apart in the Fact Family Triangle Play. I video taped it, and I hope to post it soon for you to see. My battery ran out just as they were finishing, so we MAY have a repeat performance tomorrow!

Tomorrow we have P.E. and Music. Be sure and wear appropriate shoes.

No comments: