Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday Wonders!


Josh was our child of the day and he read Butterfly. Thanks, Josh! You did a GREAT job!

We read the book, Sheep in a Jeep, and learned how writers "savor the moment" when they write. As an example, I don't like peas. So if I have to eat them, I eat them very quickly and wash them down with water. But when I eat a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, I like to take my time...I savor it. Then I wrote of story for them showing how I savor the moment in my writing by adding details that really help paint a picture.

Be sure and click on the link to the right, student writing. Klara and Gavin how a story on our wiki that you can listen to. The link will take you right there. Alisha and Branden illustrated today, and I hope they will have their stories up tomorrow night. Aayush will type a story tomorrow and Bela will be illustrating. Everyone else is still writing their slice of life stories.

In reading, I read the book Farfallina and Marcel. We created a story wheel of pictures of what was important in the book. We learned that when we visualize it helps us to remember the story.

We practiced our readers' theater plays this morning, also.

In math, first graders worked on math facts and second graders finished up their unit 3 checking progress.

Tomorrow we have p.e. and music. Be sure and wear the appropriate shoes!

No comments: