Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Fun!

What a wonderful day!

Today we read the book Woolbur and learned that it is ok to be unique...we all learn differently. We wrote our classroom promise:

In Mrs. Stringham's Community of Learners, we promise to work together and help each other learn, just like Swimmy and the red fish. We will show each other that we care by sharing, speaking kindly, and using our manners. We will be "bucket-fillers!"

We will appreciate other people's hard work and remember that mistakes are learning opportunities.

We know it's o.k. to be unique like Woolbur and that our best"ish" work is just fine. We promise to stop when someone says "stop."

That is who we are, even when no one is watching.


We also went to our 1st PBIS celebration in the gym. Mr. Burger read the book, Have You Filled a Bucket Today" to the whole school. Our classroom was excited because we knew about how to be a "bucket-filler" and not a "bucket-dipper" already!

We also had P.E. and music this afternoon.

Next week we will BEGIN to get into more academic activities and more into the routine of how our day will run. More on that next week.

If you have not returned the permission slip for work to be posted on the blog, or the student information form, or the email information form, please do so by Monday. Thanks!

I hope to see everyone at the Ice-Cream social. Have a GREAT weekend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Stringham,

Please tell us what does PBIS mean?

Shivam.

Haley said...

I had fun at the ice cream social.

Mrs. Stringham said...

Shivam...PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support. It is the "umbrella" under which our 4C's fall: Care for self, Care for others, care for our school, and care for our community.

Mrs. Stringham said...

Haley...I'm so glad you had a fun time! Did you see a lot of our classmates....I did...but I must have left before you got there. I'm so sad I missed you! It was a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Dear Mrs Stringham

I missed the ice cream social :(

Shivam

Mrs. Stringham said...

Shivam...hey...that happens..I couldn't stay long either. Visit the library and get a GREAT book to read and share it with us on Monday. I'm reading a GREAT book now and can't wait to get back to it. Have a GREAT weekend and I'll see you Monday!

Jeevanlatha said...

Thank you Mrs.Stringham for updating us the daily events.Nisha is loving and having fun in the class.She loved Filling the bucket .She was very happy that she was able to meet you in Ice cream social.

Mrs. Stringham said...

Nisha...I'm so glad I got to see you too!!! I'm glad you are having fun at school. Today we are really going to get into all the books in the classroom! See you soon!