Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tales from Thursday

We continue to write our ABC books. I've been able to conference with quite a few of them. I'm also finishing up assestments so that I can be more focused in my teaching and meeting their academic needs. I've been able to pull one small group for interactive writing and they are now publishing their ABC story.

In reading, we are working on a readers' theater: Old Black Fly by Jim Aylesworth. This is an ABC book, but it is also written in rhyme. We hope to present it to Mr. Aylesworth when he visits our school in November. I also hope we can invite parents in for a presentation of our books and our readers' theater.

In Math we worked on our math menu, exploring number sense. We also went to PE and Music.

Tomorrow we have art. 2nd graders have a math MAP test. A few first grade students will be taking a reading test for further evaluation of their reading needs.

No comments: