Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday Wonders!

Great job today as child of the day, Leighton! We really enjoyed listening to you read!




Today I brought in spaghetti noodles to demonstrate in a concrete manner what determining importance means. I demonstrated how when you pour the spaghetti out of the pot of boiling water (the book) into a strainer (your brain), the strainer (the brain) seperates out the water (the unimportant information) and leaves the spaghetti (the important information). We will continue with this strategy for a quite awhile.

In writing we reviewed how when we think we are FINALLY done, we edit. I modeled how I check for punctuation, capital letters, word wall words, and spacing. Even as we edit, we sometimes revise. When I was editing my story, I still found changes I wanted to make.

Bradley recorded his Titanic story using PhotoStory today. I won't be able to post it to our WIKI till Friday....so hang tight!

In math today, 1st graders worked on number relationships with >,< and =. 2nd graders completed a checking progress for unit 5.

Tomorrow students have art and ELL enrichment. There will not be a blog posting on Thursday.

No comments: