Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tales from Thursday!




Jason was our child of the day and did a GREAT job! Enjoy his reading:



We also had a mystery reader: my daughter, Ashley! She read The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. She read it as part of an outreach from the company she works for, American Eagle. They graciously donated a book to our classroom..Thank you! Of course I'm very proud of my daughter who is a studying interior design and architecture.







Of course...I know I'LL enjoy listening to her read...but...enjoy if you like:


We read another book about Christopher Columbus and then worked on some Columbus Day activities prior to independent reading. In writing, we learned that writers make lists and we used what we learned to make lists in our Daily Pages. After indoor recess, we worked on calendar math and problem solving. Then, 2nd graders went to art while the 1st graders and Mrs. Fishkins 1st graders stayed in the classroom. We "played" Making Words (phonics and spelling activity) and then played Academic Vocabulary Jeopardy.

Here's Mallory Making Words. She was the first to get the mystery word: pockets. She was GLOWING!


Elsa was glowing too! She knew the word genre from the clue:

I am fairy tales. I am mystery. I am books about whales. I rhyme and I'm biography. Who am I? That's the way to do it, Mallory and Elsa!!!

We ended the day with 1st graders in art and 2nd graders played computer games with Mrs. Fishkin.

Tomorrow we have P.E. and music. Have a GREAT night and don't forget to READ!!!!

No comments: