Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Fun!



Gavin was our child of the day and he read the book Time for Dinner to the class. He did a GREAT job. Lots of expression! Great reading, Gavin!


Alisha was our child of the day yesterday and I forgot to take her picture!!! I'm sorry, Alisha. She read the book, My Lucky Day, to the class and did an outstanding job, too! Two GREAT readers, right in a row!

Today we went to art and then returned to work on our writing and then word work. Next week they will begin meeting with me in small groups for their spelling needs.

In readers' workshop we read the book The Little Yellow Chickens House and talked about our CAFE menu:
Comprehension (I can read and understand)
Accuracy: I can read the words.
Fluency: I can read accurately with expression and understand what I read.
Expand Vocabulary: I know, find, and use interesting words.

Behavior was MUCH better today! We talked about how we grow as readers, writers, spellers, and mathmaticians on a development line...connecting it to how a child grows from baby to adulthood. I showed them pictures of how we move along those lines and if our behavior gets in the way, it interfers with our growing. It also interfers with others. Let's hope the goal setting sheets some are completing will help them make better choices.

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: