Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Thrills!

In my rush to get to a meeting at district office, I left my camera at school. Chris was our child of the day, so I'll post his picture tomorrow! Sorry!!!!! He did a WONDERFUL job reading!

We continued our Slice of Life writing unit. I read the book Cleversticks and made lots of connections that we could also write about. We also noted the repeating pattern in the book and the authors use of words to move the story along.

In reading, I read the book Ira Sleeps Over. The students noticed that when I made connections from my life to the book, that I connected to feelings, the character or to a picture and my connections helped me to understand. They also noticed that when I was reminded of something from the book, I quickly returned to the book and didn't let my memory distract me. We will continue working on schema and making connections tomorrow and upcoming weeks.

In math we worked on problem solving and how drawing a picture can help.

We also went to music and P.E. Tomorrow we have art.

Don't forget HomeFun is due tomorrow.

Have a GREAT night!

No comments: